Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sharing Linkin Log Site with Parents

As part of my formative goal this year I wanted to share website knowledge with my parents. Although I believe I only have a small amount of parents using the internet, I hope a few might find some sites they can use. The following is the letter I will be sending to parents to encourage them to check out my "Linkin Log" collection. Next year I hope to send this at the beginning of the year and then possibly a monthly update on new sites. I also hope to complete my website so that these will all be linked through that as well.

Each year teachers are asked to set professional goals. This year one of my goals was to improve my knowledge of technology and how it can be used in the classroom. One of my projects was to set up my "linkin log" site. This is an online storage site which helps organize all my favorite websites. I would like you to visit my site and check out the parent and kid sections. Hopefully you will find some new sites for you and your child to enjoy. Please let me if this is something that was useful to you.

How to find my linkin log site
Go to the LPS website (www.lps.org)

Type "“links"” in the search box in the upper-left corner.

Select a category by scrolling down and choosing my site (Kim Zetterman: Mrs. Z'’s Links for Learning)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Hey Kim,

Good idea - but I think we can make it even easier...
Here's the direct link to your linkin' log...

http://misc.lps.org/misc/linkinlogs/userfront.cfm?userName=kzetter

So,there you go, you're all set to share this with your students, how do you like that?

Thanks for being a great partner!

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home