Saturday, April 08, 2006

Technology Breakfast-April 17-Room 122...Bagels and Technology Reflections!

Hey Tech group, I have heard from some of you so lets go with a light breakfast on the planday. About 8-9:00ish usually works good. As I stated earlier I want to work on my imovie. Lynn said she would give a basic overview and share her movies she has developed for use in the classroom. And hopefully she can help any of us trouble-shoot if we spend some time working on them.

Since my tech survey showed that I am weak in the area of teaching others.......I probably need to step up and try to demonstrate my ability to help others become more comfortable with some area of technology. So if you are ready to take the leap to try something new, I can try to help. If you haven't done any comic life or powerpoints I am fairly competent in those areas and would love to help you get started. Also since Lynn set me up with instant messaging, I could attempt to walk you through that too.

I really am interested to see what everyone else is doing to use technology in the classroom or even if you are doing something new personally with technology I hope you will share. Personally for me, I just purchased a flash drive. It was kind of confusing to decide what kind to buy and how to get the most for my money. If you are looking into this, I would be glad to share what I did. For the classroom, I just used my home visit money to buy a digital camera and a video connector (the little dongle thing that makes your computer show on your T.V.). I would be happy to show you the sites I ordered them from and how I will utilize them in my classroom teaching.

See you on the 17th!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Kim,

Sounds great! You've accomplished so much toward technology integration this year. I'm glad that your goal is to assist others on their technological journey!

One of my professors shared an article that she wrote about peer coaching -- offering that as a solution to teacher training to enhance the use of technology in teaching. This is exactly what you are doing - peer coaching. I think it's a good plan, and I can't wait to see what we will accomplish next year if our group stays on course!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home