Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Technology Breakfast a Huge Success!

Our technology group was invited to come for a breakfast/sharing session on our teacher work day. Honestly, I wasn't sure if very many of the group would accept the open invitation on a busy work day. I was hopeful for a good turnout, since our leader Lynn has worked so hard to get us all moving towards implementing new technology into our classrooms. Needless to say I was thrilled when most of the group stopped by the breakfast. It was a great time of sharing, trouble shooting problems we had encountered with software and a chance to try some new programs! Several people got their linkin-log sites set up. Many of us took a look at the program Comic Life and brainstormed ideas for its use. It was fun to share some of the powerpoints I am using with kids and get positive feedback from my colleagues. I am very pleased with the effort our group is putting forth. We have all stepped out of our technology comfort zone in some way. And regardless of how big the step may be, it is huge in the sense that we are all learning and growing in an area of education that will benefit our students now and in the future! I am proud to work with such motivated and caring educators!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home