Thursday, April 20, 2006

Atomic Learning Assessment Part 2

I took the survey again and was pleasantly surprised at what I had improved in. This time I scored a 76 (my first score was a 62). The survey was easier to take this time and faster. As I read the categories I didn't really need to think long about them, I was able to instantly come up with how I was able to demonstrate a certain skill or recall how I had used a specific application in that area of the survey.
I am still weak in the numbers/charts/graph area. Which is not a surprise as it is not something we have needed to produce much of this year. Maybe as I set new formative goals and look at areas of assessment I will look for new ways to use technology and become more fluent in this area. I also continue to be weaker in the area of photos/video. More specifically the video stuff. Using comic life and being able to share my powerpoint knowledge helped me grow in the photo area and being able to teach others (tech team...thanks for letting me share) As for the video stuff, I will keep plugging along. I am working on my simple imovie with the comic life slides. Next I will tackle actual video clips for an imovie to demonstrate some area of math skills that we have struggled with this year. Hoping my six and ten year olds will help me with this summer project.
The atomic assessment has been a helpful, reflective tool. I am so thankful to be part of the tech-group and will continue to push myself to learn and grow in areas of technology.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

I realize that the Atomic Learning survey is not scientific, but I think it serves a purpose still. It really gives teachers a sense of where they are and where they need to go immediately. There is no scoring necessary, it's pretty much straight-forward. I like the organization of it, and I like the way it makes you think about your level of integration too - deciding whether or not you know how to use a technology tool for yourself or if you know it enough to teach it to others is pretty telling. Anyway, I'm proud of you, this has been a great experience, and I hope we get to do it again next year.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home